Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Waiting...

Feeling quite reflective and a little melancholy...

I'm waiting for my Friday appointment with Dr. Dec. I'm hoping she'll give me a yes or no answer regarding pursuing IMFL, but I know she won't. I'm sure there will be a lot of maybe's and alternatives. And I will have to make the final decision. How much am willing to put my body through?

I see my TRIgirlfriends heading down this very cool path and I sooo want to be a part of it! But will my big toe let me?! It sounds really stupid that something as small as a toe, might derail my big plans. I guess that's why it's called a "BIG" toe! But that pain in my toe is altering how I foot strike, which is causing parts all the way to my hip to adjust.

Annnn is having so much fun with this condition! "You're OLD! and arthritic." I rode with her and Jen this morning. Annnn is so good on the bike, even on her bad days, she still kicks my ass.

Someday, I hope to be really good at one of these disciplines. Someday...

3 comments:

Tri-ing Again said...

It sucks getting old doesn't it?! I know how it is since I just had to get an MRI on my shoulder. Good job at Naylor's and I hope to see you around.

P.S. Take a look at my blog that I just started

TriGirl 40 said...

Keeping fingers crossed that you heard good news from the doctor.

Diane said...

Hope it goes well with Dr D! If it doesn't, you are welcome to spend your recovery time drinking and spectating with me...