Monday, June 23, 2008

Friday @ Jen's

What a fabulous day Friday was!! Got up at the crack of dawn to pack for a day at the river. I had 3 coolers, 5 bags and 2 grocery bags. Lynn came with 2 bags and a cooler and rode with me and my 4 wonderful kids on an adventure into the country. (I can't believe Jennifer comes all this way to work out at 6 a.m. on Thursdays! Makes me feel totally lazy)

As we leave, Lynn tells the man she's going to be the proxy husband on the trip. Well, fill in she did...she was on her Blackberry and computer the whole drive! It was her fault we missed that turn! But she did buy us McDonald's for breakfast, does it get any better than that?!

We arrive to Jennifer's home and I'm wow'ed. The exterior is gorgeous. And I've already been told the interior is perfect, so I've warned (threatened) the kids...don't act like you're at home! Jen and Stu were so welcoming and set the kids up in style, as the TGs set off on our bike ride.

God, it's beautiful up there. I've never been there and I was trying to enjoy the scenery, but somebody let Patty be in the lead. OMG...were we racing or riding?! Patty's doing figure 8's in the road while I'm huffing to keep up. I see beautiful homes and land, but oh God, I've lost site of the girls. Better step it up! Then my chain starts slipping in the easy gears and there are enough hills that I need those gears! Please God, don't let it fall off! (Gotta get it to a bike shop when we return!) Jen and Lynn are kind enough to wait up. I tell Lynn what's going on, she thinks maybe the chain is stretched, no big deal. And OMG...are we done? Yep, back at the marina.

Time for a swim in the lake. Deanna B. joins. Well, you've heard about my OW fear until you're sick of it, so I won't go into it. But, Deanna offered to swim with me! (Yes, the same Deanna that swam 4.4 miles in the Chesapeake Bay. That's her. She's wonderful! Of course, I said "No, thank you") They swam all around the lake and Jen set me up on a 50M path where I could always touch bottom. It was great! Back and forth I went. Nobody to bother me. Practiced siting and staying close to the wall. I loved it, (well OK, liked it alot). And before I knew it the other girls were back, and it was off to the river.

Jen's part of the river is an oasis. (My biggest boy used the same word, funny!) We ate and drank and sat around in our bikini's, (liberating!). Even Patty wore a bikini! But then she burped like a man and ruined the whole effect. More girl lessons for her!

On the ride back, Lynn learned more fun facts, new songs, and other "kid" things. Here was a special conversation. The "I kissed a girl and I liked it song" came on. I really don't want the girl singing this, so I asked the boys to please refrain. The 11 year old says "I don't get it. Why would a girl kiss another girl and like it?" 9 year old replies "Because she's a Lesbian, you idiot!" Lynn sang "LaLaLa".

Can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

TriGirl 40 said...

You are a beautiful and graceful swimmer - once that comfort level settles in - watch out for DJ.

Was great spending time with you and your sweeties.

Next time, I hope to make the bike leg, too!

Fave said...

great seeing you this morning at the pool. you are going to have fins before you know it!
and ps - i hate that song, too! besides - who wears cheery chapstick?

JenniferS said...

I found your blog! Very sweet comments and yes it was a great day! We will definitely have to do it again in August. Can't wait to see you working your new aero position. I miss you Wednesday women.