Thursday, December 11, 2008

Richmond Marathon - 2009

Being a sucker for a bargain...I just signed up to run the Richmond Marathon next year. "Sign up before the end of December and get this special price". That shows great optimism on my part. Not only that I can run 26.2 miles, but that my arthritic toe will hold up.

It's really been hurting lately, as has my knee and hip. I knew the new orthotic would cause other issues, but I didn't anticipate being in this much discomfort. I'm feeling a bit old this last month. I need to "get over it". (A phrase from my mother).

3 comments:

Ceeej said...

Good for you! By the Spring, you'll be used to your orthotics & can start training in earnest for the marathon (or you'll be on a new set of orthotics and ready to start training).

You can do it!!!

Kate said...

Yay for you DJ. You have a whole year to prepare so I am sure you will be fine with the orthotics by then. I really want to sign up too, but I'll wait until I start running again before I do.

Annn said...

You are a crazy person.