Friday, March 13, 2009

Getting back in the Groove

OK...I must confess. I'm addicted to Facebook. Then 2 days ago, Shelley invited my to join Mafia wars on Facebook. She warned me it was addicting, but I joined anyway! So now, I'm playing that! It has kept me from blogging because I can "instantly" share my feelings. But now, with Spring on the horizon and snow in the air (yea!), it is time to start again!

It is time to start blogging again and time to start training again!

This winter I have had a very difficult time working out alone. I have become dependent on my friends to meet me to workout. I am so glad the TRIgirl group workouts are starting this month! It will make me more accountable, especially when I hear my friends discussing their goals and accomplishments. I have continued to swim guppies through the winter, although I've missed more than I wish due to my husband's travel, (again...that is a group!).

Yesterday, I picked up Lynne to drive to the 6 a.m. run. We did a timed mile. My time was 9:05, which is good for me. The only reason I run is to have time to talk and I met, (and talked to), two new TGs yesterday morning...Holly and Sally. They were interesting to talk to and I look forward to meeting more "new girls" this season. I hate getting up, but I love doing the workout! Then how great to be able to have coffee with some of my favorite girls after the run!

Last night, I swam Masters with more TGs and my husband. I got relaxation tips from Shawn. Her insight was suprising. She told me to relax and think about going farther not faster. She's always so serious about her workouts, that her telling me to relax seemed opposite of what I would think she would advise. Her advice prompted me to lengthen my stroke and I actually breathed better. I always count my lengths with the alphabet when doing longer distances. So each length has a letter...(A=Awesome, B=Beautiful...you get the idea) Well, I changed those words to more relaxing words (B=Beach). It really helped!

Today, is an "off" day, and the last day of spring break for my boys. I think we'll do nothing...which is right up my alley!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So fun to swim with you - I loved our lane. :)